I was going to write this really interesting article about all the things you need to check or do before winter on your home. Then I decided to simplify this so you can just print it out and check it off. From top to bottom literally and outside to inside….here it goes.
* Clean out your chimney, if need be call a chimney sweep.
* Check your roof for any damaged shingles, leaky vents or corroded flashing and repair.
* Clean out gutters and downspouts.
* Check wood burning stove pipes to make sure they are clean of debris.
* Check windows and doors for any seal gaps or leaks and repair.
* Drain and winterize any outdoor faucets and store outdoor hoses.
* Remove and clean any A/C window units and store for the winter.
* If you have mowed and trimmed your yard for the last time, clean and store yard equipment.
* Store and clean all your outdoor furniture.
* Check your deck for any raised nails or damage that you want to repair before wet winter weather
* Purchase firewood for the winter. If you have any left over from last year, placeit on top of the new wood.
* Inspect all plumbing and faucets for leaks and repair if needed.
* Check your washer hoses for any cracks & replace if needed, check and clean dryer ducts and vents.
* Clean all air vents and check and clean furnace filter. If you have a gas furnace, check for any leaks.
* Check all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace batteries if needed.
* Check all your emergency equipment. Replace batteries in flashlights if needed, first aid kit, restock candles if needed.
This is just a basic list to look over. Most of these items are easy to check. If you need any assistance with any of these items call CH Construction for your handyman needs.