If you are new to a sustainable lifestyle or you are living a green living lifestyle? You will be excited to know the construction/remodeling industry is finally catching up. According to National Association of Home Builders’ report, Green and Healthier Homes: Engaging Consumers of All Ages in Sustainable Living. “Nearly one-third of home builders (31%) report that they are currently doing more than 60% of their projects green. Over half (51%) expect to be doing that level of green work by 2020”. What does that mean to the average home owner? The industry is becoming more educated in sustainable materials and construction. Therefore, the option to choose from different sustainable construction/remodeling companies improves.
Many home owners are seeing a decrease in mortgage interest rates in April 2020. This is a perfect time to refinance your mortgage with a lower interest rate. Therefore, more home owners are now considering “green” remodeling.
Due to the Covid19 social distancing our country is under at this time. Many home owners are seeking ways to improve their home environment. By incorporating some of these sustainable ideas, you can improve the resale value of your home.
Incorporate sustainable remodeling ideas inside your home
- The Pantone Color Institute chooses a Color of the Year and 2020’s is Classic blue. This rich color shade is reminiscent of the sky at dusk.
- Give your bathroom an organic touch by using earthy elements. Stone wash basins, vanity counters and stone tiles will bring a natural feel to your bathroom. Natural lighting is making a comeback in 2020. Sun tunnel skylights and motorized shades bring in the natural light. By adding natural light to your home, you decrease the energy needed to light your home.
- The news of the lead-tainted water crisis in Flint, Mich., raised awareness to a nationwide level in 2016. Home water filtration systems are on the rise.Thus, home owners are finding the affordable chemical free clean water for their family.
- Reclaimed and re-purposed materials are popular to use for remodeling in 2020. Using natural materials is trending this year in in home interior design.
Incorporate sustainable remodeling ideas outside your home
- Garden Roofs are coming to the suburbs. This may be an option to expand your garden “up”.
- Home owners are using more space efficient ways to add additional room IN their home. Dead walls, attics and basements are ways to remodel to add space.
- Take the sustainability outdoors to your property.“… 2020 is bringing native, drought-tolerant, low-maintenance plants to replace some of that turf”, says Borst Landscape & Design.
- Alternative energy was once a luxury due to the high cost, but with the decrease in cost more people are looking into wind and solar power for their homes.
Furthermore, if you are trying to live a more sustainable lifestyle you may want to consider the space in which you live. Most importantly, as a home owner you can make earth conscience improvements to your home. If you are interested in a consulting with CH Construction about your home improvements give us a call at (913) 208-2393 or email us at: service @ chconstructionkc.com